Gold Coast Airport
With a new terminal development announced and other exciting projects on the horizon, a new brand was needed to reposition it and to reflect its emerging global presence and affinity with the Gold Coast.
We worked alongside the client from beginning to end, from the research and strategic definition stage through to the development of the identity and its implementation across the airport’s multiple platforms. We developed the application of the brand system across all relevant mediums including: press, TV, online, social media, sales collateral, outdoor and terminal wayfinding.
Like any airport, Gold Coast Airport is a gateway – both to the local area and for those traveling on to other destinations. In short, it connects people to places.
Our goal was to create a strong connection between customers, visitors and locals to the airport itself – to elevate it above being simply a functional gateway to being an important and enjoyable part of the travelling experience.
By defining the brand more succinctly as GCA, rather than just Gold Coast Airport, it delivered a more confident and strong form of character. It has overtures of a bold, architectural statement, which is wholly relevant to our new vision and that of the energised and forward-thinking Gold Coast.
Vibrant colours denote an energy and feel synonymous with the region, whilst the choice evokes a bright, inclusive and welcoming tone which is expected as our behaviour as an airport.
Taking inspiration from the Gold Coast’s unique geography, a series of unique graphic textures accompany the logo to complete the brand identity.
Airports can be busy and noisy environments – our aim was to cut through this noise and make a create a clear and concise visual language that helped passengers navigate their way to where they need to be.
Gold Coast Airport had an outdated website. It was not responsive and difficult to navigate.
Our task was to transform the online presence and align it with the bold new brand identity.
Our goals were:
- Easy to navigate, informative website experience for travellers
- Increase engagement on site
- Improve conversion rate (e.g. flights, car rental, parking)
- Third-party app integration inc. flight information, parking etc
- Back end to be robust, flexible and easy for selected staff to use
- Reinforce the new brand; ensure that all material speaks with one voice
- Multi-lingual enabled for international visitors.
As the first (and last) touchpoint for many who travel to the Gold Coast, GCA’s online presence needed to meet the needs of travellers (domestic and international) while also catering to other stakeholders. With this in mind, the new website build provided an opportunity to go beyond the expected flight information feed to achieve something more.
After a thorough audit of the existing website and its content, we undertook a research and analysis period, utilising data and insights to frame our site development. We then created different personas to focus our design on the user experience, using wireframes and prototyping to develop something that captured the essence of our end goal – a user-friendly, highly functional website that would showcase and expand the brand experience.
- A modern and progressive brand identity that reflects the exciting changes at Gold Coast Airport
- A cohesive and consistent visual language that runs from marketing communication, online experience through to customer experience throughout the terminal itself.
- An increase in website traffic and engagement